If you’re looking for a healthy (ish) (big emphasis on ish) sweet treat, look no further than this gooey almond butter slice recipe.
You will need:
- 10 heaped tbsp of almond butter
- 6 tbsp of maple syrup
- 4 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 12 medjool dates
- 150g of 70% dark chocolate
- ½ cup of your favorite nut roughly chopped – you can use flaked almonds, walnuts, macadamias, peanuts – whatever you like.
- Sea salt
- In a food processor, blitz together almond butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and dates until it forms a thick paste.
- Press the almonds butter mixture into a lined slice tray – the smaller your tray the thicker the slice. Pop into the fridge to set.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Once melted and cooled, pour over the almond butter layer.
- Chop up nuts of choice and sprinkle over melted chocolate. Add a pinch of salt and pop into the fridge to set.
- Try not to eat the whole thing at once!