Super Easy Almond Butter Slice Recipe
If you’re looking for a healthy (ish) (big emphasis on ish) sweet treat, look no further than this gooey almond butter slice recipe.
Chocolatey, nutty, sweet, salty and all kinds of scrumptious, this almond butter slice, loved by the LKO team, is an adaptation of a Deliciously Ella fudge recipe.
You will need:
- 10 heaped tbsp of almond butter
- 6 tbsp of maple syrup
- 4 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 12 medjool dates
- 150g of 70% dark chocolate
- ½ cup of your favorite nut roughly chopped – you can use flaked almonds, walnuts, macadamias, peanuts – whatever you like.
- Sea salt
- In a food processor, blitz together almond butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and dates until it forms a thick paste.
- Press the almonds butter mixture into a lined slice tray – the smaller your tray the thicker the slice. Pop into the fridge to set.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Once melted and cooled, pour over the almond butter layer.
- Chop up nuts of choice and sprinkle over melted chocolate. Add a pinch of salt and pop into the fridge to set.
- Try not to eat the whole thing at once!